The long and the short of it is that Google are continually pushing the boundaries in their attempts to deliver great content for THEIR users.
What does this mean? Well as always Google are trying to wipe out link farms, nasty black hat SEO firms and poor quality websites full of adverts and rubbish quality content that have gained the position by cheating their way to the top! Simple.. Good will always rise to the top…
Good luck Google, the cheaters will always find the loopholes but it is good to keep you on your toes hey?
A Quick list of things you need to watch out for:
- Poor quality links in to your website – links on sites that are blacklisted by Google
- Keyword Stuffing – Repeating your key phrase loads of times all over your site to the point it looks obvious.
- A low amount of original content on a page or site.
- Page content and page title tag not matching the search queries
- Share expert content in your blog
- Keep main content and blog updated at all times
I am all up for the good of Google, at least those of us who work hard on our sites will benefit from this re structure of the algorithm.